Phoenix Cancer Misdiagnosis Lawyer
Arizona Medical Malpractice Attorney
With so many advances in medicine, the sooner cancer is diagnosed, the better the chances of full recovery. When there is a failure to diagnose cancer in the early stages, treatment is more difficult and the prognosis is far worse.
Cancer Misdiagnosis ∙ Failure to Diagnose Cancer
Free Consultation ∙ Contact Us ∙ 602-714-1701
At Snyder & Wenner, P.C. in Phoenix, our medical malpractice attorneys have talked to many clients who wonder how the doctor could have missed signs of cancer.
- In some cases, cancer misdiagnosis causes a wrongful death that could have been averted with proper and timely treatment.
- In other cases, cancer misdiagnosis at the early stages causes the patient to undergo painful and extensive treatments that might have been avoided.
What medical mistakes cause misdiagnosis of cancer?
When there are so many tests and so many treatment options available for cancer, why is it that doctors, medical labs and hospitals fail to recognize cancer symptoms? If a loved one has died because of misdiagnosis of skin cancer, colon cancer, breast cancer, lung cancer, kidney cancer, rectal cancer, stomach cancer, cervical cancer or any other cancer, contact an experienced medical malpractice lawyer. If you were seriously injured because of a cancer misdiagnosis, talk to a medical malpractice attorney.
Here are some of the reasons why cancer is misdiagnosed or diagnosed later than it should have been:
- Failure to recognize or correctly interpret symptoms being reported by the patient
- Failure to perform recommended tests — prostate exams, cervical exams, mammograms — at the correct time intervals
- Failure to recognize visible cancer cells during exams (for skin cancer)
- Failure to perform biopsies of abnormal tissue
- Failure to properly interpret diagnostic test results and recognize a malignant tumor
- Failure to respond quickly to abnormal test results and begin necessary treatment
Cancer misdiagnosis can cause the need for painful, extensive treatments that may not have been necessary at an earlier stage. The worst cases are when misdiagnosis causes an untimely death. At Snyder & Wenner, P.C., we represent clients in Phoenix, throughout Arizona and nationwide. We have represented people who have suffered due to a cancer misdiagnosis, and may be able to help you as well. Contact us for a free consultation by phone or in our offices.